Table of Contents
WebGL frameworks and libraries
A non-exhaustive list of WebGL frameworks and libraries. It is mostly for learning purposes as some of the libraries listed are outdated/not maintained anymore.
Engines and libraries
- stack.gl: an open software ecosystem for WebGL, built on top of browserify and npm.
- PixiJS: Super fast HTML 5 2D rendering engine that uses webGL with canvas fallback
- SceneJS: An extensible WebGL-based engine for high-detail 3D visualisation
- Blend4Web: a tool for interactive 3D visualization on the Internet
- Turbulenz: Turbulenz is a modular 3D and 2D game framework for making HTML5 powered games for browsers, desktops and mobile devices.
Toolkits and micro frameworks
- regl: Fast functional WebGL
- lightgl.js: A lightweight WebGL library
- TWGL: A Tiny WebGL helper Library
- QTEK: a WebGL graphic library.
- Four: a slightly higher level graphics API based on WebGL 1.0
- TDL: TDL is a low-level library for WebGL apps (see TWGL)
- KickJS: A WebGL game engine for modern web-browsers
- nanogl: webgl micro framework
- Alfrid: A WebGL tool set
- Medium: Progressive WebGL toolkit for art
- PicoGL.js: A minimal WebGL 2-only rendering library
- mini-webgl: Mini toy WebGL library
- GLOW: GLOW is a WebGL wrapper, which focuses on easy creation and use of shaders.
- GrimoireJS: A WebGL framework for Web development.
- ClayGL: A WebGL graphic library helping you to build scalable Web3D applications
Tools build on top of…
- WhitestormJS: Super-fast 3D framework for Web Applications & Games. Based on Three.js
- Phaser: Phaser is a fast, free, and fun open source HTML5 game framework. It uses a custom build of Pixi.js.
- gl-engine: an experimental ES6 WebGL engine built on stack.gl
- GLAM: glam (GL A nd M arkup) is a declarative language for creating 3D web content.
Maps and visualizations
- Deck.gl: WebGL based visualization layers
- Cesium: Open-source library for world-class 3D globes and maps.
- xeogl: A data-driven 3D visualization engine on WebGL
- PhiloGL: A WebGL Framework for Data Visualization, Creative Coding and Game Development
Last modified: le 2018/10/02 00:55